I had to take Addison to her pediatrician today for her follow up to make sure everything was ok with the snake bite. I left Jack with Mamaw and Papaw while we went. Addison got a good report and was the talk of the office. lol Of course I was just in there Thursday of last week with Victoria and her digestion problems! After I got back to Mamaw's house I decided to take the kids to the famous Jerry's Sno cones. I have so many great memories at that place!! It is about 5 blocks from Mamaw's house and when I was little Papaw would load up all the grandkids into the back of his pick-up truck and drive us to get a sno cone. That was way before it was illegal to let your kids ride in the truckbed. We had so much fun! It was soo nice to be able to share that memory with Jack and Addison and hopefully start making that place a part of their childhood memories too!
 |
| Waiting to get our sno cones! |
|
|
 |
| Jack got Rainbow and Addison got Cherry Bubblegum. |
|
It is crazy how this place would get busy when I was little but nowhere near as busy as it gets now. I guess the word has spread all over Memphis about it. Check out the line behind the kids! It was actually double that but you can't see everyone in this picture! Thankfully it didn't get that long till after we got in line!
I got my favorite flavor, Coconut! I actually took this picture for my friend Leah. This is the flavor I always got when we would come here in high school. During the summer I think we were here at least once a week! But, it never failed that every time we came and drove off with our sno cones one of us would spill it in my poor car. lol I made it back to Mamaw's without spilling it but it did try to tip over while I was backing out of the parking lot. haha
No comments:
Post a Comment